Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Wrap Up Post

Happy New Years to you all!  Thanks again for following.  Below you will find my wrap-up post for 2012.

This year I ended up reading 253 books, that is less than 2011 where I read 288 books.  I was actually trying to read a bit less and do more other stuff this year...so my goal was 250 books which I hit. So it was a great year for reading. You can go to the full list of books read here. I have also broken them down into category below by genre and age group.

I focused mostly on book reviews (5 per week) and blog hops this year.  Because of time constraints I wasn't able to do as many author interviews.

By Genre:
Fantasy: 60
Urban Fantasy/Paranormal: 96
Steampunk: 16
Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic: 23
Science Fiction: 9
Horror/Thriller: 1
Graphic Novel: 37
Historical Fiction: 1
General Fiction: 8
Non-fiction: 4

By Age Group:
Adult: 118
Young Adult: 91
Middle Grade: 37
Children's: 8

Reading Challenges:
I completed all but of my reading challenges this year.

Anyway, I am looking forward to a number of reading challenges next year as well.  You can see my reading challenge stats for 2012 below.

Graphic Novel Challenge (37/12 read) complete!
Dystopia Reading Challenge (19/10 read) complete!
Zombie Reading Challenge (19/12 read) complete!
Horror and Urban Fantasy Challenge (114/48) complete!
150+ Books Reading Challenge (253/150+ read) complete!
Debut Author Reading Challenge (26/12 read) complete!
TBR Pile Reading Challenge (59/50 read) complete!
Steampunk Reading Challenge (16/12) complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment